How to Hire the Best React Developers
Before hiring React developers, it’s best for employers and recruiters to gain a good understanding of the React framework, the benefits of hiring a React developer, and how to hire the best React developers in the highly competitive tech landscape.
- React is a library, not a framework. Developers would often need to use more or other libraries to form a solution as it is not a complete solution.
Findings from the 2018 Developer Skills Report found that React has the biggest gap between the developers who are knowledgeable of React and the employers who need developers with this skill set. As such, React developers have a high demand in the market today and will continue to steadily grow in the future.
Why should you hire a React Developer?
Creating UI for a device or application is made easier and more efficient with React. Here are three benefits:
Creating interactive UI is easier as you describe what to render. React will efficiently update and render the right components whenever your data changes. Code are more predictable and can be easily debugged with a declarative view.
With React, developers can build encapsulated components then use it to make complex UI.
Applicable to any code
With React, developers can create new features without rewriting the current code. In addition, react can render on the server using mobile apps using React Native and Node.
What technical skills should you look for when hiring React developers?
When hiring React developers, recruiters and employers must evaluate a candidate’s technical skills and the candidate’s compatibility with the given responsibility. Aside from a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field, here are the basic and ideal technical skills employers and recruiters should look for:
- Variables and scoping
- Arrays and objects
- Array methods
- Functions and arrow functions
- DOM manipulation and event handlers
- Higher order functions and callback functions
- Prototypal inheritance and object creation
- ‘Class’ keyword
Knowledgeable in HTML and CSS
All front-end developers are familiar using HTML and CSS as these are major elements in creating the basics of front-end development and are good advantages for developing UI. React developers should then be able to:
- Code semantic HTML tags
- Code CSS selectors
- Apply a CSS reset
- Understand the CSS box model and know how to reset to border-box
- Know the CSS flexbox layout
- Apply responsive web principles
Basic knowledge of the Android and iOS development
Hire a skilled React developer who is also knows the basics of Swift, Java, and Objective-C. Sometimes, it is also important to use tools from the native side to make an app work.
Broad knowledge of tools and technologies
A good React developer must know useful tools and technologies that he or she can use to create good and responsive applications. As such, it is important for a React developer to learn and keep up-to-date with the latest trends. Here are the most essential tools a React developer should know:
- Bitrise - used for better workflows and increase automation
- Sentry error tracking - used to fix crashes and monitor in real-time
- Hockeyeapp - allows real-time crash reporting, manage testers, collect user feedback, and more
- Enzyme - a set of tools used to test React applications
WHY HIRE OFFSHORE REACT DEVELOPERS WITH CLOUD EMPLOYEE