How to Hire the Best Django Developers
Before hiring Django developers, it’s best for employers and recruiters to gain a good understanding of the Django framework, the benefits of hiring a Django developer, and how to hire the best Django developers in the highly competitive tech landscape.
Django is a high-level Python-based free and open-source web framework that supports rapid development and a clean and practical design. It follows the MVT (Model-View-Template) architecture and has a cross-platform operating system. Built by the non-profit Django Software Foundation, Django’s goal is to ease the hassles of creating complex and data-driven websites, encouraging the need for reusability, less code, rapid development, low coupling, and non-repetition.
Django is one of the most popular web application development tools of 2018. In fact, 76% of web developers from all over the world name it as one of the top Python frameworks, and it’s also used by well-known companies such as Google, YouTube, Instagram, Dropbox and The Guardian.
Like Python, Django aims to follow the “batteries included” philosophy. This means that Django provides a wide array of functionalities and features, including multi-site and multi-language support, free API, URL, MVC layout, easy database migrations, and HTTP libraries and templating libraries, among many others.
The web framework also has the best reputation in terms of security compared to other frameworks. Aside from hiding a website’s source code and providing developers with techniques to create secure websites, Django can also protect websites against XSS and CSRF attacks=== injections, and more.
Other functionalities include tools to generate Google sitemaps and an optional interface to set user permissions, allowing administrators to easily create, update, and delete users.
Overall, Django’s highly-customisable framework and well-written and thoroughly-explained documentation make it one of the most preferred and most used back-end technologies by web developers.
Why should you hire a Django developer?
Django helps developers quickly execute applications from conception to completion. One of its goals is to simplify the developer’s work by using the principles of rapid development. This means developers can reuse existing code without having to start from scratch. In turn, it cuts down on the time it takes to get the project to the market.
Django includes extra features that can take care of common web development tasks such as content administration, user authentication, sitemaps, and RSS feeds, among many others.
The framework lists security as a high priority. It is equipped with security features that help developers avoid security mistakes such as cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery and clickjacking, and SQL injection, among others. In addition, Django’s user authentication system enables a secure way to manage user accounts and passwords.
Django is also known for its quick and flexible scalability. Because it can meet even the heaviest traffic demands, the framework is used by the busiest websites on the internet such as Instagram, Pinterest, and even NASA.
From social networks to content management system to scientific computing platforms, Django has been used by companies and organisations to build various web platforms. The framework’s flexibility allows developers to create projects of any size and capacity. In addition, Django is cross-platform, meaning a project can be done on a PC, Mac, or Linux. It also works on most major databases allowing a project to use one or more suitable databases.
What kind of projects can a Django developer work on?
Due to its great flexibility, organisations and businesses can quickly and easily create various websites, web applications, features, and more. When you hire a Django developer, here are some of the types of projects your developer can do:
- Built-in custom CRM systems
- Financial platforms that can analyse and calculate estimated results based on data, risk tolerance, and the probability of achieving goals
- Any platform for facilitating communication between two parties (e.g. business and consumer)
- B2B CRM systems for communication among businesses
- Heavy traffic websites such as shopping or booking platforms
- Android and iOS mobile apps supporting web applications
- Document management systems and more
For companies or organisations that choose to create projects on more than one framework, Django developers can also develop separate features such as:
- Data analysis tools
- System for sending notifications or alerts to users
- Algorithm-based generators
- Interfaces for investment funds
- Photo-based verification systems
- Other features facilitating online marketplace, CRM and B2B platforms, booking systems, and more.
What technical skills should you look for when hiring Django developers?
When you hire Django developers, recruiters and employers must evaluate a candidate’s technical skills and the candidate’s capability with the given responsibility. There are plenty of available Django developers for hire, however, only those with the right technical background and experience are best for the position. Aside from a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field, a Django developer’s job description or requirements would usually contain the following technical requirements:
- Good understanding and experience working with Python, C#, Java, and Django
- Experience with MySQL, SQL and NoSQL database, HTML, ETL (Extract/Expand, Transform, Load)
- Familiarity with graphical interface creation
- Familiarity with analytical and reporting tools is a huge plus
- Strong programming knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Good understanding of web scripts development
- Understanding of C and C++ for rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux development
- Experience or skills with creating web services using Django, Tornado, or Twisted
- Knowledge in optimising the performance of information systems
- Knowledge in developing highly loaded information systems
- Knowledge of scientific and mathematical calculations programming for creating additional features such as 3D objects and animation effects, and more.
Are there other skills to consider when hiring a Django Developer?
Aside from the technical requirements mentioned above, here are three key ‘soft skills’ that can greatly help employers and recruiters when hiring skilled Django developers.
Good Problem-solving and Analytical Skills
Since the Django framework enables to quickly create websites or features of any scale, Django developers must demonstrate their quick thinking especially in terms of problem-solving and analysis. In addition, since Django developers will most likely develop and/or handle heavy-traffic websites, the need to immediately troubleshoot issues or bugs is a must.
Excellent Communication and Collaboration Skills
As with any developer, strong communication and collaboration skills are necessary to move a project forward especially when working with one’s own team as well as with other internal or external teams. This also includes strong knowledge of technical English.
Willingness to Learn
Working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, hiring Django developers with an innate desire to learn new skills and technologies and to accept new challenges is a trait an employer should constantly look for.
Why Hire Offshore Django Developers With Cloud Employee
- Access to the best tech talent in the Philippines
- End-to-end Client Control from custom-recruitment to direct developer management
- 100% Dedicated Developers working at the same time-zone
- Full Client Support with our After Care Team
- Savings of up to 65% or more