Assistant IT Manager
Offshoring Software Engineering | Tech Staffing & Recruitment | UK | Australia | Philippines
Cloud Employee is a fast-growing UK-managed offshore recruitment and staffing company in the Philippines. As we tackle the growing global IT skills shortage, we strive to create a professional workplace that empowers its staff to reach their full potential. We provide clear career paths for our staff along with individual training programs and excellent reward and bonus systems.
We’re looking for a driven Assistant IT Manager to join our ever-expanding team in Makati. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic work environment and enjoy a number of benefits and perks which include, but are not limited to, medical and dental plans, training allowances, free food, as well as fun monthly activities that bring employees together.
The successful Assistant IT Manager is responsible for providing support the IT Operations Manager. Moreover, he/she will be tasked to:
- Work on the set-up and administration of all Information Technology Systems (software & hardware) of the company, including documentation of programs and controls
- Ensure efficient and effective IT for the company’s work processes and the related training of all concerned personnel
- Enable better decision-making for the company through the administration of all Information Technology Systems through timely or on-time reports generation and data integrity
- Enhance control of company assets through the administration of all information technology systems
- Safeguard & protect digital information & systems of the company (including documentation of IT systems, back-up systems, control access and other contingency measures)
- Assist in network and computer troubleshooting during the day-to-day operation
- At least 4 to 5 years IT experience
- At least 1 year leadership position
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols.
- Understanding of the different operating systems.
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, UNIX, Linux, security management and network equipment
- Understanding of incident response, malware analysis, development, or system administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Computer Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience.
Skills / Competencies
- Proven excellence in researching, organizing, writing, and presenting technical information
- Capacity to work independently and in a team environment, with proven leadership ability and project management skills
- Must have excellent analytical skills, have the ability to multi-task and have solid project management skills.
- Ability to understand the relationship between business processes, priorities, risk and their underlying technologies and security risks
- Ability to keep pace with a fast pace and growing company
- Displays a high commitment to delivering results
- Leads others to achieve business objectives
- Communicates effectively
- Displays the highest level of integrity